Monday, October 1, 2012

Day of Celebration

Well, aren't I nice for not keeping you in suspense too long? Actually, I was off today and decided to take advantage of having a quiet house and tried to get caught up on the blog.  That didn't happen but I sure did enjoy my "fair day" and what's even better is I get to take another one with the boys on Wednesday.  Three day work week? Sounds good to me!  As I mentioned in the previous post, we had some life changing events take place this past summer.  They centered around Kase but were celebrated by all of us.



Not sure why I have the Olan Mills tilted head in this photo??


  
In June, at VBS, Kase accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior.  He then decided, during Christians camp, that he was ready to take the next step in his spiritual journey.  So, on August 8th, with family and friends present, he made the decision to follow Christ forever and was baptized by our children's Pastor.  



Talk about a proud mom moment...it was a day I'll never forget.  I still can't talk about it without getting emotional. Our extremely shy child confidently walked into the waters and said to the world, I am a follower of Christ.  Beautiful moment!  Kase has taken this commitment very seriously and is setting an example for all of us to follow.  He has a time set aside to read his Bible and work in his devotional book, attends Bible study Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights and is going on his first mission trip in March. He is on fire for Jesus and it is the most awesome thing as a parent to sit back and watch him grow in his Faith.  I couldn't be more proud of the young man he is becoming and look forward to sharing this journey with him.  



Kase-You are too good for words and I am so honored that God chose me to be your mother.  What a gift you are to our family.  I love you sweet boy!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

1 comment:

Psalm112 said...

Wow! I can't stop crying to see what I am typing.

Praise the Lord! What a beautiful, joyful time as a parent! Wow!!!

Rejoicing with you!!

because of HIM,

M