Sunday, December 23, 2012

Surprise...a new blog post!

Well, hello...it's me, Stacy; the long lost author of this blog.  Wish I had some great excuse for why I haven't published a post in almost two months but the truth of the matter is; I just haven't had it in me to sit down and do it.  Knowing I had so much to catch up on made the task seem a little overwhelming so I just put it off and put it off.  Then it hit me this morning that Christmas Eve is tomorrow and I still haven't posted about Halloween.  I knew I better get it in gear so that's exactly what I'm going to do  The dusting can wait, the laundry will still be waiting on me in an hour and the sticky floors can just stay sticky but I am going to take care of this blog because it's ultimately for my children...and they're worth it!  So, I'll start with Halloween and work towards Christmas.


Other than new costumes, our Halloween looked very similar to years past and that's exactly how we like it.




I love that we've created traditions that are very much a part of our celebrations each year.  The boys look forward to them and we always walk away with so many new memories together.  We started out with Scare on the Square and ended with our annual neighborhood cook out and hayride.  


The boys had a tough time deciding what they wanted to be this year and went back and forth on wanting to be something scary.  Thank goodness they decided to forgo the blood and creepy masks for moms sake.  



Kase settled on being a pirate and Keller opted for the GI Joe only because the costume had muscles so he could show off his "guns".  



It was another great year of pumpkin carving, spending time with friends, trick or treating and eating way too much candy!

No comments: